Restore your youthful smile with Porcelain Veneers
If we are being really honest, the majority of us did not start off with flawless smiles. However, Beach Smile Family Dentistry has beautiful and durable solutions for many common problems like:
- NHeavily stained or worn teeth
- NLarge gaps between your teeth
- NCrooked, cracked, or chipped teeth
- NTeeth that are misshapen
Schedule a Free Consultation
Who Should Consider Veneers?
Veneers are a great cosmetic option for people who want to improve the look of their smile, and have generally healthy teeth and gums.
If you have any current decay or gum disease, it will most likely need to be treated first (which we’re happy to help you with).
Porcelain Veneers do require removal of a small amount of your natural tooth enamel to make room for the shell (it’s a permanent treatment).
It is possible to crack a Veneer on hard foods, or if you grind your teeth. If you do grind, you might also want to consider a night-guard to help protect them.
Frequently asked questions
What are the different types of dental veneers?
Composite and Porcelain are the 2 types of cosmetic dental veneers to enhance your smile. Composite are typically made on the premises in a single visit, while porcelain are sent to be custom manufactured in a lab.
- Look more natural than composite
- Maintain their color better than composite
- Are more durable than composite
- Are easier to repair, but may need to be repaired more often
- Are cheaper and require a single visit
- Are more stain resistant than porcelain
Beach Smile recommends porcelain in the vast majority of cases, and we’ll discuss what’s right for your unique circumstances during our consultation at our North Miami, FL office.
What are the benefits of dental veneers?
Dental veneers can fix a number of cosmetic imperfections with your smile, including:
- Stains and Discoloration
- Shape (including chipped teeth)
They’re a more conservative cosmetic dentistry treatment than some alternatives (e.g. crowns) which can require removing far more of your natural tooth structure.
They’re also long lasting and easy to maintain (similar to your natural teeth).
How do you care for dental veneers?
While they’re quite durable, you should be aware that hard foods or grinding your teeth can cause damage in some cases.
How long do dental veneers last?
Are there any disadvantages to dental veneers?
While veneers are a great option for fixing many cosmetic dental issues, there are some things to keep in mind:
- The process is not reversible (since some of your tooth structure is removed)
- Chips or cracks can’t be permanently repaired (a new one would need to be placed)
- If you grind your teeth, they’re more prone to cracking (consider a night-guard)
Do porcelain veneers stay white?
Are porcelain veneers stronger than real teeth?
At Beach Smile Family Dentistry, we provide you with the best dental service in North Miami. We offer affordable rates and have high-quality customer support so that all of your needs are met. Come meet our North Miami Dentists and enjoy these special introductory offers or schedule a FREE consultation on any service.